The Fairfield Bay Area Chamber of Commerce is seeking a talented, community-focused individual to fill the role of Executive Director.
This is a part-time, paid position. Scheduled as Mon-Thurs, 10 am to 3 pm with additional evening and weekend hours required as needed to successfully fulfill the functions of the position.
The Executive Director is responsible for the planning, execution, and continuous improvement of all existing duties and functions of the Fairfield Bay Area Chamber of Commerce. In general, this includes, but is not limited to, suggesting new ideas to increase revenue, decrease cost, and or improve the quality of Chamber products and services; reporting all relevant information to the Board of Directors; implementing all directives from the Board of Directors; effectively managing all full-time, part-time, and volunteer staff; developing membership and serving their needs; being an excellent ambassador to the Fairfield Bay Area Chamber of Commerce as a source of information and an enthusiastic, articulate, communicator; being a good steward of the Chamber’s finances, and doing so with honesty and integrity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Enthusiasm for the Fairfield Bay Area and what it has to offer as a destination for citizens, businesses, tourists, and others interested in visiting or relocating to the area.
- Professional appearance and conduct.
- Conscientiousness (ownership, attention to detail, willingness to go above and beyond job duties and normal work schedules as needed to successfully complete chamber tasks.)
- The ability to manage chamber staff effectively (train, encourage, reward, delegate, offer constructive criticism, evaluate performance.
- Effective delegation of duties
- Ability to plan and schedule.
- Reliability (punctuality, timeliness of work, excellent attendance, etc).
- Proficient with budgeting, spreadsheets and QuickBooks
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Proficient with social media marketing
- Event planning experience. Large event planning experience is very helpful.
- Meeting preparations and proposal making (minutes, agendas, budgets, idea presentations, etc.)
- Relationship building; Must be able to work well with membership, large sponsors, government officials, civic leaders, organization leaders, and the press.
Successful candidates must be able to provide professional references and acceptable evaluations from past job performance.
Degrees, Licenses, Certificates, and Registrations:
This is a professional position. A four-year degree from an accredited college or university in a related field is strongly preferred, but not required. However, education and or training sufficient to give the candidate at least a basic to intermediate skill level in math (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, percentages); accounting (interest rates, budgets, balancing checkbooks); computer skills (Microsoft Office, QuickBooks); and language arts (writing and speaking in a professional, articulate, grammatically correct manner) are minimal requirements.
Professional appearance and demeanor are required.
A valid Arkansas driver’s license and reliable transportation is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply, submit cover letter, resume, and three professional references to email@example.com