The Arkansas Craft School is seeking sponsors for its 2022 Golf Fundraiser. Since 2007, the school has operated on funding from individuals. This is the first time the Craft School has sought donations from Arkansas’ leading corporations.
Located in Mountain View Arkansas, the Arkansas Craft School is a non-profit corporation formed in 2007 in response to the Winthrop Rockefeller Foundation publication, “Creativity in the Natural State: Growing Arkansas’ Creative Economy.” The report documented the importance of the creative economy to Arkansas, especially in the state’s rural regions, and argued for the establishment of formal education programs to maintain the viability of the craft artisan tradition and economy.
Today the mission of the Arkansas Craft School is to promote a vibrant, creative community that inspires a life-affirming appreciation of and support for the arts by:
- Educating aspiring and practicing craft artisans for success in the creative economy through its career education programs, emphasizing the development of the necessary skills and techniques by following nationally established curriculum standards.
- Introducing individuals interested in experiencing craft to a variety of studio arts through community enrichment courses of shorter length and of less rigor than the career education program. The community enrichment courses emphasize the enjoyment of participating in art and working towards a skill level determined by the student.
- Sponsoring unique seminars, exhibits, performances, and other events.
The school holds two fundraisers annually; a gala in November and a golf tournament in May. This year’s golf fundraiser will be held at Indian Hills Golf Course, Fairfield Bay, Arkansas on Saturday, May 21, 2022. The event will begin with a buffet breakfast from 7:30 – 8:30 am., with 18 foursomes teeing off at 9 am. During play, the golfers will participate in four hole-in-one contests, a closest to the pin contest, and the longest drive contest. Lunch will be served from 1 – 2 pm, followed by a four-player, $100,000 shoot-out competition at 2:30. The cost of the event is $60 per player. The only additional cost is $5 for each mulligan the player would like to buy (limited to two for every nine holes).
Proceeds from the event will be used as matching funds for other awards and grants and to meet general operating expenses.
The Craft School is seeking sponsors for this fundraiser. The following levels are available:
- Tournament Sponsor (one only) – $5,000
- $100,000 Shoot-out Sponsor (one only) – $1,000
- Hole-in-One Contests:
o $10,000 or Pebble Beach Vacation Signature Hole – $1,000
o Other three Hole-in-One Contests – $650
- Closest to the Pin and Longest Drive Contests (2 total) – $300
- Individual Hole Sponsors (18 Tees, 18 Greens) – $250
All sponsors will be recognized with individual signage on the golf course and as a group on a large banner near the restaurant and pro shop (visible to others not playing in the tournament). Additionally, sponsors will be recognized inside the main gallery of the Craft School for the entire months of May and June. Sponsors will be included in all press releases.
I would appreciate any financial assistance that you could provide us, as a sponsor in our golf fundraiser or in another capacity.